Learnings from failed (learned?) entrepreneurs

Entrepreneurism

Session type
BoF Meet

Technical level
Beginner

Objective

The objective of this session will be to have a panel discussion of entrepreneurs who have unsuccessful stories to talk about. The idea is to help new entrepreneurs learn from the mistakes of all the stories that we don't get to hear.

This will be a BoF session and confirmed speakers so far are: Amitha Singh Brajeshwar Oinam Brij Bhasin

Description

As an entrepreneur who founded and ran a company at the age of 27 and shut down the company at the age of 34, I have learnt a whole lot through my journey as a first-time entrepreneur. If I had had learnings from even 2-3 people like myself, I might have had a very different journey. All the books and talks on entrepreneurism focuses on success stories, the 10 things that successful millionaires do et al.

I would like to propose a B0F meet where failed entrepreneurs come together and share their learnings with those who are either new entrepreneurs or those who are looking at starting off.

Key Takeaways To Expect From the Session To build an open culture in India on talking about startup failures. Help participants realize that failure is only a stepping stone to success An understanding of what not to do as an entrepreneur and what to watch out for as hindrances to make your startup a success

Requirements

An open mind

Speaker bio

My Twitter profile reads - My passions: daughter. writing. travel. children. stories. reading. poetry. india. people. marketing. communication. branding. driving. cooking. life .

This sums up who I am (or who I have been) - http://amithasingh.blogspot.in/2012/03/my-life-is-my-inspiration.html

You can find me on amithasingh.blogspot.com twitter.com/amithasingh www.linkedin.com/in/amithasingh

Comments

• 2

[-] Brajeshwar Oinam 4 years ago

Would be interesting to be part of this. I've 3 failed startups to my credit.

• 1

[-] Amitha Singh 4 years ago

I can see a whole lot of learning there... If this session gets voted to be part of the final agenda, count yourself in on the panel!

• 1

[-] Brij Bhasin 4 years ago

I would really like to be part of this. As an Entrepreneur who has recently gone through an unsuccessful attempt at starting up, I think we need to build a open culture in India on talking about startup failures. It will help everyone realize that its only a stepping stone to bigger and better things and some of the biggest success stories today had a few knocks in their early life :)

Also, I recently gave a talk about my experience on "Transitioning from Startup Failure" at FailCon India in Bangalore. Please check it out here: http://www.slideshare.net/brijbhasin/transitioning-from-startup-failure-what-next

• 1

[-] Amitha Singh 4 years ago

This is great Brij. Look forward to collaborating with you on this and starting the culture you mentioned that is so required in our society!

• 1

[-] Brij Bhasin 4 years ago

Hi Amitha,

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the Goa Project for some personal reasons. Hope you have a great session.

Regards, Brij

• 1

[-] Amitha Singh 4 years ago

That's unfortunate Brij! I'm sure all will miss learnings that you could have brought in! Let me know if there is anything particular you want shared during the session on your behalf?

Amitha

• 1

[-] Vijay Anand 4 years ago

Amitha, Can you edit the proposal to add the names of the folks who want to come onboard, and maybe a few key takeaways that participants can expect? This looks good. We can go ahead and confirm it, if you can make the changes accordingly.

• 1

[-] Amitha Singh 4 years ago

I have made the changes. I believe more points could be added to the takeaways section as we collaborate and finalize on them

Login with Twitter or Google to leave a comment