by Divij Vaidya (proposing) on Monday, December 9, 2013
- Geekery (Science, Tech and Life Hacks)
- Session type
- Technical level
This is a proposal requesting for someone to speak on this topic. If you’d like to speak, leave a comment.
Have you ever thought :-
1. Where would the limit of technology stop?
2. What is practically feasible given the current state of computing machines today which are processing humongous amount of information?
3. What role would computers play in future to make our lives simpler & better?
4. How are machines able to exhibit logic like humans do?
If you confirm to any of the questions above, this session is for you.
- The motivation of the talk is to introduce the audience to the endless possibilities that computers give us to improve our lives.
- Introduction to sciences called artificial intelligence and genetic algorithms. These fields have been inspired from our surroundings and day to day lives.
- Their usage and usability that exists today across multiple fields.
- Their potential by giving a small use case example taken on-the-spot from the audience.
- Develop an understanding on how these concepts work at machine level.
- Guide the audience towards a direction where they are themselves able to imagine computer science applications that would be a part of our future.
Open mind and dreamy eyes to imagine the future with technology 2.0
I would not be attending the event but hoping someone would speak on the topic. Very few people understand the potential of artificial intelligence outside the computer science community. I want to help people understand scope of such sciences and their potential to revolutionize the future.