by Vijay Raghav Varada on Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Session type
- Technical level
To explain with example, how one can leverage rapid innovation with 3D Printing and Design thinking, and scallably share innovations with the rest of the world with Open Source Hardware
How a couple of under-graduate student scaled a million dollar company, from their dorm rooms using 3D Priting.
- Learn about 3D printing and how to access it as well as its many applications
- Carbon Fiber/ Glass Fiber
- Product Design: Form, Fit and Functionality
- Medical: Surgical Planning, Surgical jigs
- Art, Skulture and Aimation
- Leverage online Open Source communities, and what makes a successful open source project
- Why Open Source?
- Guidelines for Open source hardware
- Patents vs Open source
- Checklist for a succesful open source project
- Leverage design thinking approach for efficient problem solving
- A technical or design background helps
Mission statement: Empower positive change in the world through art, design and technology for sustainable and exponential development and progress.
Vijay is currently heading Fracktal Works pvt. ltd, completing his Bachelors in Mechatronics Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology.
He has a keen interest in traditional art, and design. He feels that engineering, art and design can be collaborated to do wonders and surpass pure engineering. Some of his work can be viewed at http://vjvarada.deviantart.com/gallery/
Vijay, is the co-founders of Fracktal Works Pvt. Ltd. which is engaged in design& research in the field of Additive Manufacturing, Rapid Prototyping & Product design and has their own product line of desktop and industrial 3D Printers. and has a nationwide footprint.
Fractal Labs, a sister company has been set up at Den Hague, Netherlands.
He actively contributes to open source hardware projects, particularly assistive technologies for the blind.
He has a passion for competitive robotics, travelling across the country participating in various competitions held at different engineering colleges. He has also organised and help organise competitions in the campus itself, motivating students to take up an interest in competitive robotics.
Specialties: Mechatronics, Robotics, CAD, Embedded Systems, Electronics